I think oatmeal is one of the most overlooked breakfast foods. Did you know, oatmeal is packed with some really awesome health benefits, such as:
1. Oatmeal Lowers Cholesterol
2. It Can Reduce The Risk Of Developing High Blood Pressure
3. It’s Full Of Antioxidants
4. It Prevents The Arteries From Hardening
5. Oatmeal Can Prevent The Development Of Breast Cancer
6. It Stabilizes Blood Sugar
7. It Will Also Prevent The Development Of Diabetes
8. It Gives The Immune System A Boost
9. Eating Oatmeal Can Prevent Weight Gain
10. Those Who Can’t Eat Gluten Can Eat Oatmeal
Here is one of my favorite power breakfast recipes, it is good for you and very easy to make. Another, no excuse for not eating breakfast, recipe!
Apple, I used a Fuji apple
Agave Nectar or Honey
Follow the oatmeal cooking instructions on the container. While water is boiling, slice apples thinly, you want them thin enough that your spoon can easily break the slices in your bowl.
Once oatmeal is finished cooking, make a small layer of apples over the oats followed by the golden raisins, cinnamon and agave (or honey).
This is a very easy breakfast to pack for on the go and eat at your desk! Our Mothers should be proud! Enjoy!